Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Void





Why does a girl get married at age 18?  Leave that husband for another man at age 23(then marry him), then leave that husband for man #3 at age 29 (then marry him) then divorce #3 at age 33?  Let me lay it out for you:


  • Her daddy dies unexpected when she is age 15  TOTALLY ROCKS HER WORLD HE WAS HER EVERYTHING
  • Along comes a guy older than her when she is 16 who says the right things and feels the VOID
  • She starts to grow in her 20's, and she is no longer under the spell of the first man; she is now a woman on the prowl looking for more attention to feel that VOID
  • She discovers the World Wide Web in the late 1990's....a whole new world to discover full of men
  • She starts an online relationship; later leaves her 1st husband to be with man #2
  • Her and man #2 fall into a world of sin; did I mention they got married too; this was all based on fleshly love......to feel the VOID
  • After several years of a downward spiral of ungodly living, she feels the need to run away to find another way to feel the VOID
  • Along comes man #3; husband #3; he said all the right things, and promised her the world
  • 4 years with husband #3 which included severe alcohol abuse,  mental and physical abuse.  She was at the bottom, no where to run, no man to take care of her.  
  • 18 years of running, searching and trying to fill the VOID of losing her daddy.
  • At age 33 I gave my life to Christ; and I have never looked back.  God is my Father, God is my first priority in my life. 
  • It took me almost loosing my life at the hand of a man, to run to my Father.  He called out my name and told me "child leave now or you will not get another chance".  I grabbed my purse, loaded a pair of panties and I LEFT!!!!!!!  



Ladies......if you are struggling with loss, grief, abuse or self destructive behavior there is HOPE, LOVE and FORGIVENESS in the name of JESUS.  There is power in the name of JESUS.

Acts 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.



3 comments:

  1. My dear Sister in Christ,

    What an amazing journey to Christ that you have had to face. I was shocked to find very close similarities between you and I. When I was 15, I lost my mom to cancer (it completely rocked my world too). I gave my life to The Lord for the 3rd or 4th time June 1, 2013 (at age 33). On that same day, I quit smoking 3-4 packs a day cold turkey after being a smoker for 13 years. I have been a non-smoker for 15 years.

    Just like you, I went through a really dark time last year and had no one but our Savior Jesus to talk to. His Presence was so strong during those days of great affliction that it felt like I could literally touch Him during our intimate moments together in prayer and meditation. Those moments with Jesus; the only light in the darkness that became my life, lifted my relationship with Him forever!

    I'm the minister of a Social Media based Ministry called Everlasting Joy. I'm on Facebook and Twitter as well as writing for my blog. My assignment given by The Holy Spirit is to help people find the deep lasting relationship with The Father as you and I have found.

    Just wanted to drop a note applauding your honesty and to express how much your words touched my heart. My writings on my blog are also brutally honest - holding back nothing.

    God Bless You and keep writing! If you would like to share your testimony on my website with a link back to your blog, send the info to praise@everlastingjoy.net and I will get it posted and won't publish until you have looked at the page and give your approval. Your story is extremely powerful and it is an amazing testimony for other women around the world that are struggling just as you did right now as I'm typing to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! Typo, I have been a non-smoker for 15 MONTHS not years! So sorry, might want to fix that for me. No matter how closely I proof-read, a typo always gets through. I'm sure you can sympathize. :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Kelly sent you an email. I just saw this:)

      Delete