Monday, August 4, 2014

Going Home

I want to go home, I want to go home.  This was quite a regular statement to flow from my lips for many years.  This I would cry out in a crazed stupor, or after a night of having too much fun.  No matter where I was, or who I was with, when I had "too much" I would cry out I want to go home.  Time after time, the same behavior over and over, with the same results.  Let's party, let's get into trouble, let's just do what feels good.  And again, same results.......hurt, disgust, sadness, and pain.  Not only on me, but the people directly in my life.  But who cares, its all about me.  Me me me.  After all, there is so much pain inside of me, I don't care who I hurt, or leave behind.  I just want to run, run far away from it all.  The pain that came the day my my dad was taken from this world.  That would be the day that would change a 15 year old girls life forever.  That is the day that would lead me into a state of carelessness and self destruction.  If only someone would have asked me if I needed counciling, shake me around, and just step in.  But, that wasn't what God had planned for me.  From 1991 to 2009, my journey home began.  It was a journey that took me from Wills Point Texas, to Maine, Michigan, North Carolina, and back home to Texas.  I chose the broken road, the road not easily traveled.  I had to run.........I had to find my FATHER.

(Psalms 30:2 NKJV) O LORD my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me

No comments:

Post a Comment